Recreational Vehicle Insurance
Recreational Vehicle Insurance Information
Recreational vehicles (RVs), also known as motorhomes, can be a great way to get out and travel. RVs are susceptible to unique risks because they double as both homes and automobiles. Acquiring RV insurance is a good way to limit out-of-pocket costs if an accident happens.
How Does RV Insurance Work?
RV insurance works like most insurance policies. In an agreement with your insurer, you will pay an insurance premium for your policy in exchange for financial assistance following an accident to aid with expenses such as repair costs. If you need to file a claim, depending on the type of claim (e.g., property damage or a liability claim), you may have to pay a deductible. This is a specific out-of-pocket cost established with your insurance carrier that you’ll cover until your insurance kicks in.
What Do RV Policies Cover?
While policies vary among RV owners, a standard RV insurance policy might include some of the following coverages:
· Liability insurance insures you against damage or injuries you cause to others if you are at fault in a wreck.
· Collision insurance covers costs related to damage to your vehicle after a wreck.
· Comprehensive insurance pays for vehicle damage from non-accident mishaps, such as weather damage.
· Medical payments coverage covers your medical bills and your passengers’ expenses.
· Uninsured/underinsured insurance insures you against damage caused by someone else who doesn’t have appropriate liability coverage.
· Campsite and vacation coverage covers liabilities associated with using the RV as a vacation property.
· Full-time residence insurance is primarily intended for those living in their RVs permanently.
Other coverage offers help for roadside assistance, rental car coverage and expenses protection (such as emergency hotel bills).
Contact the Insurance Partners of Kansas to learn more about potential coverages to include in your RV insurance policy.
Contact Our Agency
If you live near Wichita, Kansas, and you’re looking to learn more about RV insurance, the agents at Insurance Partners of Kansas can help you decide on the best coverage for your home on wheels.
Learn more by contacting our agency at 316-686-6666.